Research Group Burmeister
You are here:
Research Group Burmeister
Our group is concerned with the molecular genetic and in part also cytogenetic analysis of selected hematologic diseases, especially acute (lymphoblastic and myeloid) leukemias, Burkitt lymphoma and myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN).
A major research focus is adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). There exists a long-term intense cooperation with the study center and other major diagnostic laboratories of the German Multicenter ALL Therapy Study Group (GMALL). One aim of our work is to assess the prognostic implications of molecular alterations in adult ALL and their detailed molecular characterization. Some of these alterations may also be useful markers for the quantification of minimal residual disease.
Another scientific focus are retroviruses, especially human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) and their possible involvement in human disease.
- DFG (German Research Foundation): Project BU 2453/1-1
- German José Carreras Leukemia Foundation: Project R 06/22, R 10/37f
- Deutsche Krebshilfe (German Cancer Aid): Project 10-1899-Bu I
- Berliner Krebsgesellschaft (Berlin Cancer Society): Project BUFF200603
- Alfred und Angelika Gutermuth-Stiftung (A.&A. Gutermuth Foundation): Projects 2007-5, 2009-5, 2011-5
- Authors:Burmeister T, Ebert AD, Pritze W, Loddenkemper C, Schwartz S, Thiel E
Journal:AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses Year:2004; Volume:20Issue:(11):Pages:4223-9.
Title:Insertional polymorphisms of endogenous HERV-K113 and HERV-K115 retroviruses in breast cancer patients and age-matched controls
- Authors:Burmeister T, Schwartz S, Hummel M, Hoelzer D, Thiel E
Journal:Retrovirology Year:2007; Volume:4:Pages:11.
Title: No genetic evidence for involvement of Deltaretroviruses in adult patients with precursor and mature T-cell neoplasms
- Authors:Burmeister T, Schwartz S, Horst HA, Rieder H, Gökbuget N, Hoelzer D, Thiel E
Journal:Leukemia Year:2005; Volume:113Issue:(8):Pages:1391-8.
Title:Molecular heterogeneity of sporadic adult Burkitt-type leukemia/lymphoma as revealed by PCR and cytogenetics: correlation with morphology, immunology and clinical features
- Authors:Burmeister T, Marschalek R, Schneider B, Meyer C, Gökbuget N, Schwartz S, Hoelzer D, Thiel E
Journal:Leukemia Year:2006; Volume:20Issue:(3):Pages:451-7.
Title:Monitoring minimal residual disease by quantification of genomic chromosomal breakpoint sequences in acute leukemias with MLL aberrations
- Authors:Burmeister T, Gökbuget N, Reinhardt R, Rieder H, Hoelzer D, Schwartz SJournal:Blood Year:2006; Volume:108Issue:(10):Pages:3556-9.
- Authors:Burmeister T, Schwartz S, Bartram CR, Gökbuget N, Hoelzer D, Thiel E, GMALL study group
Journal:Blood Year:2008; Volume:112Issue:(3):Pages:918-9.
Title: Patients' age and BCR-ABL frequency in adult B-precursor ALL: a retrospective analysis from the GMALL study group
- Authors:Burmeister T, Meyer C, Schwartz S, Hofmann J, Molkentin M, Kowarz E, Schneider B, Raff T, Reinhardt R, Gökbuget N, Hoelzer D, Thiel E, Marschalek R.
Journal:Blood Year:2009; Volume:113Issue:(17):Pages:4011-5.
Title:The MLL recombinome of adult CD10-negative B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results from the GMALL study group.
- Authors:Burmeister T, Gökbuget N, Schwartz S, Fischer L, Hubert D, Sindram A, Hoelzer D, Thiel E
Journal:Haematologica Year:2010; Volume:95Issue:(2):Pages:241-6.
Title:Clinical features and prognostic implications of TCF3-PBX1 and ETV6-RUNX1 in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia